Server & Rules
SERVERS & RULES
Make sure to read this carefully
These rules apply to all Dystopia servers. Rules for Overpoch are in section 2.
Welcome to Chernarus
A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.
Being such a vast and complex array of game play some rules and guidelines have been set and we require each and every player to read these in order to play on the Server.
(NOTE: These rules are subject to periodical changes due to the constant 'loopholes" that present themselves, so please check back occasionally for updates. Feel free to send us feedback.)
Glitching and Exploiting:
- We do not allow any form of glitching or exploiting on our servers. Duping is the same as glitching and exploiting. Players caught glitching or exploiting will be removed from our servers. There are too many glitches and exploits to be fleshed out here, however, that does not mean just because it is not said in the rules that it isn't a glitch and/or exploit. A glitch is ANYTHING that SHOULD NOT happen but does.
- Glitching or exploiting into bases or any normally inaccessible areas in any way, shape, or form is against the rules.
Side chat and personal behavior:
- Combatlog it's lame and you should just accept your death. Dystopia is a PVP server which means loot will be everywhere.
- Attempt to trick other players to use ALT+F4 or Shift+P for special rewards this is punishable by a temporary ban. Repeated offendors will be removed from the game.
- Spam Side Chat asking for an admin if you are suspecting a hacker is on the server. We advice you to go to our teamspeak immediately or use the Group Chat in game to ask for assistance
- Use voice in Side Chat. We have a public TeamSpeak server for players that are interested in using voice chat while they game. We have public channels for each server. Players are allowed a channel that has a password if they so wish. We have donator channels as well that are password protected and stay on the TeamSpeak server regardless of whether or not someone is within the channel.
- Use any kind of Racist, Homophobic, or Discriminatory comments. It will not be tolerated, even if the remark is made towards a friend or in a joking matter. This includes comments regarding sex trafficking, pedophilia, necrophilia, and or any other touchy subject matter of the like.
- Be overly abusive towards another player. S**t talk happens; it is part of the game. Know when to call it quits.
- Topics such as politics, religion, and world events are bound to come up in side chat. These topics are very touchy and people can get worked up over them very easily. We suggest leaving such things out of side chat, however, talking about them is not against rules. Please take the discussion to another location besides side chat if you are asked to do so, even if it is by another player. We offer temporary TeamSpeak channels that can be password protected. These channels can be used as voice communication and they also have the ability to transfer text to ONLY the people in the channel via the chat box of TeamSpeak.
- Use the surface of water to lay under to avoid death or combat. Doing so will result in a timed ban.
- Complain about your punishment to the admins on teamspeak. We can discuss it in a nice manner if you believe your ban was made in error.
Account and Ban Etiquette
Having the same IP is, of course, not against the rules, but those who share the same residence and play together should take the time and effort to make it known and to have their accounts distinguishable in case of bad behaviour that we have to act against.
Multiaccounting is against the rules because it is seen as ban evading.
Ban evading is, of course, against the rules.
The punishments given will be different as seen fit to the crime.
MAINTAINANCE Rules for DayZ and Overpoch
- Any Player Inactive for 30 days will be reset.
- Any Vehicle that is damaged or has no functional key will be deleted.
- Any Safes/Lockboxes Inactive for 7 Days will be unlocked.
(NOTE: This is in place so the SERVER runs more smoothly in game for you, if you lose any items due to the above you WILL NOT get it replaced.)
Section 2 Overpoch:
Safe zones have been set up in order for players to conduct their trading under a safe non-combat environment, and we require players to conduct themselves in a mature and timely fashion: e.g. conduct your business and move on, basically. Players may wait for a "pick up" in these areas and are to conduct themselves accordingly whilst doing so.
The below mentioned are rules & guidelines when in these areas:
(Admins discretion also applies to the trade areas and is to be adhered to as if a rule inside the trade zones and we won't tolerate griefing in any way, shape or form!)
- You may not hook locked vehicles inside the trader.
- You may not kill anyone inside a safe zone (God mode should prevent this).
- Vehicles are not to be parked in safe zones or they risk being moved/deleted.
- We are not responsible for vehicles left at the traders.
- We will not reimburse for vehicles/gear lost due to vehicles being left at the traders.
- Exploiting the safe zone/god mode is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: Repeatedly going into and out of the safezone to enter/exit combat or using triggered explosives while in safezone protection.
- No ramming in safe zone.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF:
- Killing people around safe zones and camping is discouraged but allowed ( This does not include the above rule baring using the safezone to enter/exit combat)
- Prisoners will be roaming around killing and stealing Your Valuables.
- Cars can currently be stolen, this is not against the rules, Use caution to keep your vehicles safe from thieves.
- Reimbursement for stolen vehicles is solely at the discretion of the Admin and should not be expected.
- Server Provides you with a God Mode Area so no one can kill you. So be careful when getting in/out of safe zones.
- Plot Poles are required for base building. Plot Poles currently cannot be stolen. This may change with future updates to Overpoch.
- Other player currently cannot build on a Territory that is not theirs.
- There currently is a limit to the number of items used in the construction of your base. This may change in the future.
All bases are currently destructible. Be wary of raids as you choose your base location.
Doors can be cracked currently, while the difficulty of this is sizable, you are encouraged to build your base in such a way to account for this.
- Bases that are floating without having any contact with the ground will be deleted. Bases must be supported by the ground or a building.
- Bases currently can be raided by other players, they cannot however remove Plot Poles.
- Using Kamikaze maneuvers to kamikaze a Safe Zone Trader and players/vehicles in said zone IS AGAINST RULES.
- Kamikaze however is allowed outside safe zones but do keep in mind that you're hurting someones gaming experience if you do ram someone with 3 days of gathering materials.
- If your engine is shot out and there is no way to prevent a kamikaze you better have video evidence :-)
- You cannot block off Military loot spawns. This includes any military tower/barracks.
- You may not build anywhere within 500m of trader or trader cities. This includes safes and any other types of lockables.
- You may not block any major roads. A Tempest should easily be able to fit underneath any overpasses you build. Building on small dirt roads is fine.
- The blocking off of entrances to barracks to funnel players across into a certain side is not acceptable either; it's unsportsmanlike and is a form of barricading.
Admins will remove any bases/items that do not abide by the rules.