How to connect manually to the Dystopia Dayz Vanilla server if you cannot find us through a launcher or get the session lost message.
It would seem as though dayz launcher is recognizing our server some players cannot connect to it and get the dreaded “Session lost” message upon joining.
Here is my favorite ways to connect manually to the dayz vanilla server.
1. Lets make sure the mod is correctly installed. Using steam download and install Arma 2: DayZ Mod if you haven’t already.
2. Next launch arma2 to the main menu and quit right away. This is a requirement for DayZ mod so it can properly “register” the files.
3. After that you can either launch Arma 2: DayZ Mod straight away from your Steam library or choose to use DayZ Launcher to start it. When you’re in the main menu you can make sure the mod is loaded correctly by clicking “Expansions”
4. Now that the expansion’s are correct, let’s set some launch option’s. In steam library, right click and select “Properties.” On the first tab it opens, select “Set Launch Options.” Copy and paste this into the provided box: -nosplash -world=empty -skipintro -noPause All this does is save you some load time.
5. You should be able to press “Play” through steam library without any issues from there on and it will load quickly into a blank ocean and the main menu. Click “Multiplayer”, “Filter”, and put in the server’s shortname like Dystopia and this should show us the Dystopia Dayz server and be able to join with no problems.
6. If you prefer to use DayZ Launcher instead you have to make a small change to your settings to tell DZL to use the Steam App of DayZ instead.
If your DZL shows this error in the mods section don’t worry. The only file it thinks is missing appears to be a non important file.
If this does not work for you feel free to contact us on ts (18.104.22.168) and I will be happy to help you out.